- TRAVEL SPOTS
Osaka: Sumo-themed Attraction to Open Next Summer
16:19 JST, October 28, 2023
OSAKA — A sumo-themed amusement facility aimed at foreign visitors will open in Minami, Osaka’s entertainment district, in summer 2024. Retired sumo wrestlers will demonstrate matches, and visitors will be able to enjoy a meal while watching them or even get in the ring themselves to have a test of strength with the wrestlers.
The Sumo Hall Hirakuza Osaka, which will open in the Namba Parks shopping mall, will feature a sumo ring the same size as those used in professional sumo matches. The culture, history and rules of sumo will be explained in English, and the former sumo wrestlers will perform matches and training drills.
Performances will be held twice a day, and all tickets will include drinks and an Osaka-themed bento. Halal menus for people who do not consume alcohol or pork will be available upon prior request.
Ticket prices will range from ¥9,500 to ¥16,000 for adults.
The facility will be run by Osaka-based Hanshin Contents Link Corp., a subsidiary of Hanshin Electric Railway Co. “It will be an unprecedented facility that can be enjoyed both by adults and children,” a company official said.
"FEATURES" POPULAR ARTICLE
Autumn in Full Swing in Kyoto
Kintetsu Dept Store, Fujiya Open New Pekolicious Sweets Shop in Osaka
Nagasaki: Mom, Young Daughter Help Keep Mask-changing Chinese Art Alive
Illuminations Brighten Up Events, Buildings and Roadside Trees in Central Tokyo
My Wife Hasn’t Bathed for 2½ Years, Claiming It’s ‘Bothersome’
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible