- Travel Spots
Sapporo Snow Removal Trains Begins Readying for Winter
20:00 JST, October 10, 2023
To prepare for winter, workers began readying sasara densha, which are special trains that brush snow off the tracks, for the Sapporo streetcar system in Sapporo on Sunday.
Workers attached 400 sasara brushes, which are bundles of 30-centimeter-long pieces of split bamboo, to the front and back of five sasara densha. The workers then checked the brushes by rotating them and adjusting their height.
According to the Sapporo Transportation Bureau, the sasara densha are normally sent out before the first streetcar of the day from November to March.
“I try to stay focused until the entire process is complete,” said an employee who helped prepare the sasara densha.
"Features" POPULAR ARTICLE
Saga: Ryokan Japanese Inns with Hot Springs Offering Office Spaces to Remote Workers; Increasing Productivity
Fukuoka Castle to Come to Life Lit Up in 7 Different Colors
Shibuya Cafe Continues to Offer Experience of Listening to Masterpieces; Near 100-Year-old Cafe Maintains Traditional Atmosphere of Years Gone By
Kawazu-zakura Cherry Blossom Trees Adorn Riverbanks in Shizuoka Town; Blossoms Bloomed 5 Days Earlier than Last Year in Japan
Tokushima: Japanese Glass Eel Fishing Season Reaches Peak; Lights of Fishing Boats Create a Stunning View
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Current Account Surplus Doubles in ’23
- ‘All-country’ Stock Mutual Funds Popular with NISA Investors
- Japan Real Wages Fall at Steepest Pace in 9 Years in 2023
- Pressure Mounting for Wage Increases in Shunto Negotiations; Fears about the Response of Struggling SMEs
- North Korean Workers in China Riot over Unpaid Wages; 2,000 Occupy Factory, Kill Plant Manager