- TRAVEL SPOTS
SunPatiens in Full Bloom Adorn Highland in Aichi Prefecture
15:55 JST, September 18, 2023
TOYONE, Aichi — About 17,000 plants of SunPatiens flowers are in full bloom at Chausuyama Kogen Highland in the village of Toyone in Aichi Prefecture.
SunPatiens is a flower belonging to the Impatiens Textori family and is resistant to heat. Visitors can ride a ski lift and gaze down upon the red, pink and white flowers blanketing the land around the summit of Mt. Chausu. The flowers will remain at their best until around late October, according to the Chausuyama Kogen association.
“The wind is cool, and the colorful flowers are so beautiful. It’s been really pleasant,” said a 62-year-old woman from Nagoya.
"FEATURES" POPULAR ARTICLE
Autumn in Full Swing in Kyoto
Millennium-Old Traditional ‘Naked Festival’ to Be Held for Last Time Next February at Iwate Pref. Temple
Nagasaki: Mom, Young Daughter Help Keep Mask-changing Chinese Art Alive
Kintetsu Dept Store, Fujiya Open New Pekolicious Sweets Shop in Osaka
Old Tokyo Building Becomes a Hub for Various Regions in Japan
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
- Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)