- TRAVEL SPOTS
Grape Harvest Season Starts in Niigata
12:54 JST, August 30, 2023
NIIGATA — Many people visited a fruit garden to pick fresh grapes as grape harvest season has begun in Niigata. At the Shirone Grapes Garden in Minami Ward, Niigata City, around 40 varieties of grapes have been planted in an about 3-hectare vineyard.
Popular varieties such as Kyoho and Shine Muscat are now in season. According to the fruit farm, this year’s grapes are sweeter than usual due to high temperatures. Visitors can enjoy grape picking until the end of October.
"FEATURES" POPULAR ARTICLE
Kyoto Train Offers Passengers Journey Wrapped in Autumn Colors via Maple Tree Tunnel
Korea Craze in Japan Unlikely to End Anytime Soon; Shin-Okubo is a Hub of Korean Pop Culture, Food
Kintetsu Dept Store, Fujiya Open New Pekolicious Sweets Shop in Osaka
Nagasaki: Mom, Young Daughter Help Keep Mask-changing Chinese Art Alive
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Stimulus Package Set to Drive Greater Govt Borrowing; Likely Effectiveness Called into Question
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace