- TRAVEL SPOTS
Fukui: Dino Museum Reopens after 7-month-long Renovation
16:10 JST, July 29, 2023
KATSUYAMA, Fukui — The Fukui Prefectural Dinosaur Museum has reopened following a seven-month closure for large-scale renovations.
The Fukui prefectural government had been making extensions to the museum since December to improve the contents of the facility in preparation for the extension of the Hokuriku Shinkansen bullet train line to the prefecture in spring next year.
Among the new displays is a “mummified fossil” of herbivorous dinosaur Brachylophosaurus with traces of skin. A new corner was also set up where visitors can assemble a model of a Tyrannosaurus fossil.
On July 14, the first day of the reopening, the museum was crowded with visitors.
The admission is ¥1,000 for adults, with an additional fee to assemble fossil models and for other programs. Tickets must be purchased online in advance.
"FEATURES" POPULAR ARTICLE
Autumn in Full Swing in Kyoto
Kintetsu Dept Store, Fujiya Open New Pekolicious Sweets Shop in Osaka
Nagasaki: Mom, Young Daughter Help Keep Mask-changing Chinese Art Alive
Illuminations Brighten Up Events, Buildings and Roadside Trees in Central Tokyo
My Wife Hasn’t Bathed for 2½ Years, Claiming It’s ‘Bothersome’
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)