- TRAVEL SPOTS
Hyogo: Himeji Castle Joins Group with Own LEGO Model
12:40 JST, July 22, 2023
HIMEJI, Hyogo — The majestic Himeji Castle will have its 30th anniversary as a UNESCO World Heritage site marked by being added to another prestigious list — the LEGO series of assembly models of the world’s top architecture.
The model kit will be marketed in more than 130 countries and regions starting Aug. 1, the toy maker announced last month at the castle in Himeji, Hyogo Prefecture.
Among World Heritage Sites in Japan, Himeji Castle will be the first included in the LEGO Architecture series that the company launched in 2008, according to LEGO Japan.
When completed, the 2,125-piece Himeji Castle model will be 19 centimeters high, 32 centimeters wide and 27 centimeters deep.
The castle is faithfully reproduced in detail, including the main keep and the three subsidiary keeps, as well as the four roofed passages connecting the four keeps, and white plaster walls that are a symbol of the castle
It will be available from the official online store at a suggested retail price of ¥20,980.
"FEATURES" POPULAR ARTICLE
Kyoto Train Offers Passengers Journey Wrapped in Autumn Colors via Maple Tree Tunnel
Korea Craze in Japan Unlikely to End Anytime Soon; Shin-Okubo is a Hub of Korean Pop Culture, Food
Kintetsu Dept Store, Fujiya Open New Pekolicious Sweets Shop in Osaka
Nagasaki: Mom, Young Daughter Help Keep Mask-changing Chinese Art Alive
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Stimulus Package Set to Drive Greater Govt Borrowing; Likely Effectiveness Called into Question
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace