- TRAVEL SPOTS
Hydrangeas Blooming at Their Best at World Heritage Shrine in Japan
17:15 JST, June 11, 2023
Colorful hydrangeas are now blooming at their peak at the Kumano Nachi Taisha Shrine, part of a World Heritage site, in Nachi-Katsuura, Wakayama Prefecture.
About 2,000 hydrangeas of more than a dozen varieties have been kept on its grounds and the approach to the shrine since around 1960. Every year, the hydrangea garden is open to the public during the flowering season.
This year, blooming and taking on of color of the hydrangea is said to be about a week later than usual.
The garden will be open through June 30, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
"FEATURES" POPULAR ARTICLE
Kyoto Train Offers Passengers Journey Wrapped in Autumn Colors via Maple Tree Tunnel
Korea Craze in Japan Unlikely to End Anytime Soon; Shin-Okubo is a Hub of Korean Pop Culture, Food
Kintetsu Dept Store, Fujiya Open New Pekolicious Sweets Shop in Osaka
Nagasaki: Mom, Young Daughter Help Keep Mask-changing Chinese Art Alive
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Stimulus Package Set to Drive Greater Govt Borrowing; Likely Effectiveness Called into Question
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace