- TRAVEL SPOTS
Junsai Harvest Peaks in Japan’s Akita Pref.
14:52 JST, June 7, 2023
Workers pick junsai water vegetables on a pond at Abe Noen farm in Mitane, Akita Prefecture. The town is a major production area of junsai, a slippery, gelatinous vegetable that is used in soups and salads. “I hope people will enjoy the distinct texture,” said Masako Abe, 76, the owner of the farm.
"FEATURES" POPULAR ARTICLE
Autumn in Full Swing in Kyoto
Kintetsu Dept Store, Fujiya Open New Pekolicious Sweets Shop in Osaka
Nagasaki: Mom, Young Daughter Help Keep Mask-changing Chinese Art Alive
Illuminations Brighten Up Events, Buildings and Roadside Trees in Central Tokyo
My Wife Hasn’t Bathed for 2½ Years, Claiming It’s ‘Bothersome’
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)