- Travel Spots
4,000 Carp Streamers Sway over River in Gunma Pref.
15:03 JST, March 30, 2023
Colorful carp streamers sway in a spring breeze over a river in Tatebayashi, Gunma Prefecture. 4,000 of the streamers were put up at four locations in the city for the Koinobori no Sato Matsuri festival, ahead of Children’s Day, for which families with boys likewise string up the carp-shaped wind socks.
A lighting event at the main venue on the Tsuruudagawa river is being held in the evenings for the first time in four years after having been suspended due to the pandemic. The festival will run through May 15.
"Features" POPULAR ARTICLE
Fukuoka Castle to Come to Life Lit Up in 7 Different Colors
Shibuya Cafe Continues to Offer Experience of Listening to Masterpieces; Near 100-Year-old Cafe Maintains Traditional Atmosphere of Years Gone By
Kawazu-zakura Cherry Blossom Trees Adorn Riverbanks in Shizuoka Town; Blossoms Bloomed 5 Days Earlier than Last Year in Japan
Saga: Ryokan Japanese Inns with Hot Springs Offering Office Spaces to Remote Workers; Increasing Productivity
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan Eyes 45 B. Yen in Aid for Optical Semiconductors
- Business, Labor Leaders Reaffirm Vow to Raise Wages in Shunto Talks
- Japan Real Wages Fall at Steepest Pace in 9 Years in 2023
- Pressure Mounting for Wage Increases in Shunto Negotiations; Fears about the Response of Struggling SMEs
- Japan’s Job Availability Ratio Rises for 2nd Straight Year