- Travel Spots
Over 1,000 Traditional Dolls Crowd Pyramid Display in Saitama Pref.
13:57 JST, February 20, 2023
SAITAMA — An arrangement of some 1,800 traditional hina dolls on a stepped pyramid delights visitors at a shopping mall in Konosu, Saitama Prefecture. The city produces large numbers of the dolls for the hinamatsuri doll festivals held on March 3 each year. The display is the star attraction of the Konosu Bikkuri Hinamatsuri (Konosu surprise hina doll festival) event, which is being run by the city’s tourist association at the Elumi Konosu Shopping Mall. Some 80 volunteers spent about eight hours placing the dolls gathered from all over the country on the seven-meter-, 31-step-high pyramid. The event runs through March 4.
"Features" POPULAR ARTICLE
Fukuoka Castle to Come to Life Lit Up in 7 Different Colors
Saga: Ryokan Japanese Inns with Hot Springs Offering Office Spaces to Remote Workers; Increasing Productivity
Shibuya Cafe Continues to Offer Experience of Listening to Masterpieces; Near 100-Year-old Cafe Maintains Traditional Atmosphere of Years Gone By
Kawazu-zakura Cherry Blossom Trees Adorn Riverbanks in Shizuoka Town; Blossoms Bloomed 5 Days Earlier than Last Year in Japan
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Current Account Surplus Doubles in ’23
- Business, Labor Leaders Reaffirm Vow to Raise Wages in Shunto Talks
- Japan Real Wages Fall at Steepest Pace in 9 Years in 2023
- Pressure Mounting for Wage Increases in Shunto Negotiations; Fears about the Response of Struggling SMEs
- North Korean Workers in China Riot over Unpaid Wages; 2,000 Occupy Factory, Kill Plant Manager