- TRAVEL SPOTS
Kenrokuen Takes on Golden Winter Shine
14:47 JST, January 22, 2023
The pine trees of Kanazawa’s Kenrokuen, which is regarded as one of Japan’s three most beautiful gardens, were bathed in gold after being lit up for an annual winter event on Saturday.
The air was filled with enchantment and wonder as the switch was flipped on about 300 lights at 6 p.m., illuminating pine and other tree types that had been tied with ropes to protect them from being weighed down by snow.
A company employee, 54, from Toyama City who visited the garden with a friend said, “The ropes illuminated in the golden light looked very elegant.”
Kenrokuen will be illuminated from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. through Jan.28, and on Fridays, Saturdays and national holidays through Feb.25. Admission is free during illumination hours.
"FEATURES" POPULAR ARTICLE
Autumn in Full Swing in Kyoto
Millennium-Old Traditional ‘Naked Festival’ to Be Held for Last Time Next February at Iwate Pref. Temple
Old Tokyo Building Becomes a Hub for Various Regions in Japan
Onigiri Rice Balls Increasingly Popular Worldwide due to Taste, Healthfulness
New Tour in Japan Featuring Kumano Kodo, Hot Springs Targets Foreign Tourists
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- Sardines and Mackerels Blanket Beach in Hokkaido; Local Fishermen ‘Never Seen This Many’
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)
- Autumn in Full Swing in Kyoto
- Japan Railway Operators Eye Net-zero CO2 Emissions Via Hydrogen Fuel Cell Trains