- Travel Spots
Sapporo: Hatsune Miku trains add character
11:00 JST, January 1, 2023
SAPPORO — The Sapporo Transportation Bureau is currently operating trains featuring images of “Snow Miku,” a winter version of the Sapporo-originated virtual character Hatsune Miku, blazoned along their sides.
It’s the 12th time the city has put these kinds of trains into operation. The design this winter is inspired by the winter Hokkaido sky, and the onboard announcements feature the dulcet tones of voice actor Saki Fujita, who performs as Hatsune Miku.
The trains will operate through March 26.
"Features" POPULAR ARTICLE
Saga: Ryokan Japanese Inns with Hot Springs Offering Office Spaces to Remote Workers; Increasing Productivity
Fukuoka Castle to Come to Life Lit Up in 7 Different Colors
Shibuya Cafe Continues to Offer Experience of Listening to Masterpieces; Near 100-Year-old Cafe Maintains Traditional Atmosphere of Years Gone By
Kawazu-zakura Cherry Blossom Trees Adorn Riverbanks in Shizuoka Town; Blossoms Bloomed 5 Days Earlier than Last Year in Japan
Tokushima: Japanese Glass Eel Fishing Season Reaches Peak; Lights of Fishing Boats Create a Stunning View
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Current Account Surplus Doubles in ’23
- ‘All-country’ Stock Mutual Funds Popular with NISA Investors
- Japan Real Wages Fall at Steepest Pace in 9 Years in 2023
- Pressure Mounting for Wage Increases in Shunto Negotiations; Fears about the Response of Struggling SMEs
- North Korean Workers in China Riot over Unpaid Wages; 2,000 Occupy Factory, Kill Plant Manager