- TRAVEL SPOTS
Gifu: 1st Takayama Autumn Festival held since pandemic
16:29 JST, October 10, 2022
TAKAYAMA, Gifu — The Takayama Autumn Festival, registered as a UNESCO intangible cultural heritage, was held in Takayama, Gifu Prefecture, on Sunday and Monday for the first time in three years.
Spectators filled the streets to catch a glimpse of the glittering floats. One of the highlights of the festival was the Hikisorae event in which 10 floats lined up along the approach to Sakurayama Hachimangu shrine.
The Karakuri Dedication, featuring a performance by mechanical dolls, took place after that on the shrine grounds, drawing cheers and applause.
"FEATURES" POPULAR ARTICLE
Autumn in Full Swing in Kyoto
Millennium-Old Traditional ‘Naked Festival’ to Be Held for Last Time Next February at Iwate Pref. Temple
Nagasaki: Mom, Young Daughter Help Keep Mask-changing Chinese Art Alive
Kintetsu Dept Store, Fujiya Open New Pekolicious Sweets Shop in Osaka
Old Tokyo Building Becomes a Hub for Various Regions in Japan
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
- Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)