- TRAVEL SPOTS
Fukui: Eyeglasses-themed ryokan inn opens in ‘city of glasses’
16:05 JST, September 24, 2022
SABAE, Fukui —Sabae Megane House is one of the latest additions to the many lodging facilities that have been popping up all over the country featuring local industries and traditional crafts.
Sabae, Fukui Prefecture, is known as “the city of glasses” and Sabae Megane House, a ryokan traditional Japanese inn, opened in April with about 100 pairs of eyeglasses thematically display throughout the building. Guests are invited to try them on.
The two-story wooden house has 11 rooms and can accommodate five to 14 people. Converted from a classic folk house, its atrium features eye-catching decorations made of eyeglasses related materials, which were placed to attract young people who like to post content on social media.
The glasses on display have been carefully selected by eight manufacturers in the city for being fashionable and made from high-quality materials.
They are not for sale, the facility operator said.
"FEATURES" POPULAR ARTICLE
Autumn in Full Swing in Kyoto
Kintetsu Dept Store, Fujiya Open New Pekolicious Sweets Shop in Osaka
Nagasaki: Mom, Young Daughter Help Keep Mask-changing Chinese Art Alive
Illuminations Brighten Up Events, Buildings and Roadside Trees in Central Tokyo
My Wife Hasn’t Bathed for 2½ Years, Claiming It’s ‘Bothersome’
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)