- TRAVEL SPOTS
Hyogo: Miffy rides Hankyu line trains
10:31 JST, September 4, 2022
TAKARAZUKA, Hyogo — Trains covered in designs of Miffy, the popular white rabbit character created by Dutch artist Dick Bruna, are now in operation on several Hankyu lines.
The railway company is running three trains, each decorated with different designs, on three lines — the Takarazuka, Kobe and Kyoto lines. The lead car has a mark in the shape of Miffy’s head and a stuffed Miffy in uniform sits by the driver’s seat. The car interiors are also filled with posters of the show’s characters.
In some cars running on the Takarazuka Line, stickers with a Miffy-shaped cutout are placed on the windows so that the rabbit’s outline emerges in the light. Passengers may feel as if they are in their own Miffy story. The trains will run until March 30 next year.
Click here to watch the video
"FEATURES" POPULAR ARTICLE
Kyoto Train Offers Passengers Journey Wrapped in Autumn Colors via Maple Tree Tunnel
Autumn in Full Swing in Kyoto
Korea Craze in Japan Unlikely to End Anytime Soon; Shin-Okubo is a Hub of Korean Pop Culture, Food
Kintetsu Dept Store, Fujiya Open New Pekolicious Sweets Shop in Osaka
Nagasaki: Mom, Young Daughter Help Keep Mask-changing Chinese Art Alive
JN ACCESS RANKING
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired