- TRAVEL SPOTS
A-maze-ing field of corn
15:14 JST, August 16, 2022
FUKUSHIMA — Adventurers have been trying their best not to get lost in a maze of maize at Iwase Farm in Kagamiishi, Fukushima Prefecture, over the summer holidays.
An annual summer attraction in the town, the maze has an about 2-kilometer route that winds through a 1.3-hectare cornfield.
To reach the goal, visitors have to solve quizzes while navigating paths lined with towering corn stalks up to 3 meters tall.
“It was challenging,” said a 40-year-old visitor. “It took us about 30 minutes to complete, but it was a great opportunity to create a summer holiday memory with my child.”
The maze is open to the public until mid-September.
Click here to watch the video
"FEATURES" POPULAR ARTICLE
Autumn in Full Swing in Kyoto
Kintetsu Dept Store, Fujiya Open New Pekolicious Sweets Shop in Osaka
Nagasaki: Mom, Young Daughter Help Keep Mask-changing Chinese Art Alive
Illuminations Brighten Up Events, Buildings and Roadside Trees in Central Tokyo
My Wife Hasn’t Bathed for 2½ Years, Claiming It’s ‘Bothersome’
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)