Toyota Exceeds Global Production of 300 Million Cars
18:01 JST, November 6, 2023
Toyota Motor Corp. announced Monday that its cumulative global production exceeded 300 million units as of the end of September.
The company passed the milestone 88 years and two months after the company’s predecessor, Toyoda Automatic Loom Works’ Automotive Production Division, shipped the Model G1 truck in 1935.
Figures provided by the company show that 180.52 million units were produced in Japan, and 119.6 million units were manufactured overseas.
"BUSINESS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
Japan Railway Operators Eye Net-zero CO2 Emissions Via Hydrogen Fuel Cell Trains
3 Japan Railway Firms to Introduce System to Pay Fare by Tapping Credit Card at Ticket Gates
Suntory’s Hibiki Whiskey Price Planned to Increase by 125％; Demand Higher than Production
Energy Challenges / High Electricity Bills Overshadow Digitalization in Japan
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
- Sardines and Mackerels Blanket Beach in Hokkaido; Local Fishermen ‘Never Seen This Many’
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)