MUFG, Other Banks Unable to Conduct Transactions Due to Network Glitch; At Least 10 Banks Believed to be Affected
12:09 JST, October 10, 2023
MUFG Bank, Resona Bank and other banking institutions said Tuesday they have been unable to conduct money transfers and other such transactions to various banks.
According to sources, some banks are experiencing a malfunction in the Japanese Banks’ Payment Clearing Network, which handles transactions between various banks.
At least 10 banks are believed to be affected by the malfunction.
"BUSINESS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
Japan Railway Operators Eye Net-zero CO2 Emissions Via Hydrogen Fuel Cell Trains
3 Japan Railway Firms to Introduce System to Pay Fare by Tapping Credit Card at Ticket Gates
Suntory’s Hibiki Whiskey Price Planned to Increase by 125％; Demand Higher than Production
Energy Challenges / High Electricity Bills Overshadow Digitalization in Japan
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- Sardines and Mackerels Blanket Beach in Hokkaido; Local Fishermen ‘Never Seen This Many’
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)
- Autumn in Full Swing in Kyoto
- Japan Railway Operators Eye Net-zero CO2 Emissions Via Hydrogen Fuel Cell Trains