Iphone 15 Goes on Sale in Japan
17:29 JST, September 22, 2023
TOKYO (Jiji Press) — Apple Inc.’s new iPhone 15 smartphone series went on sale in Japan on Friday.
While the prices of the new models are higher than the previous iPhone series due partly to a weaker yen, the iPhone 15 series features improved camera functions. Also, the charging terminal has been changed from Apple’s own format to “USB type-C,” which is also used in other companies’ devices.
Four products hit the shelves Friday, including the standard iPhone 15 model, the iPhone 15 Pro and the iPhone 15 Pro Max.
The direct sale prices of the standard iPhone 15 start at ¥124,800, ¥5,000 higher than the previous iPhone 14 series unveiled in September last year.
"BUSINESS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
Japan Railway Operators Eye Net-zero CO2 Emissions Via Hydrogen Fuel Cell Trains
3 Japan Railway Firms to Introduce System to Pay Fare by Tapping Credit Card at Ticket Gates
Suntory’s Hibiki Whiskey Price Planned to Increase by 125％; Demand Higher than Production
Energy Challenges / High Electricity Bills Overshadow Digitalization in Japan
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- Sardines and Mackerels Blanket Beach in Hokkaido; Local Fishermen ‘Never Seen This Many’
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)
- Autumn in Full Swing in Kyoto
- Japan Railway Operators Eye Net-zero CO2 Emissions Via Hydrogen Fuel Cell Trains