Sony Group Unit to Build Plant in Kumamoto
9:30 JST, June 24, 2023
TOKYO (Jiji Press) — Sony Semiconductor Solutions Corp. President Terushi Shimizu on Friday said that the land the company plans to acquire in Kumamoto Prefecture will be the site of a planned image sensor plant.
The unit of Sony Group Corp. is moving to buy the 27,000-square-meter land in the city of Koshi, Kumamoto Prefecture. The acquisition is expected to be completed by year-end.
Sony Semiconductor plans to invest about ¥900 billion over the three years from fiscal 2024. Shimizu said the money will mainly be spent on plant expansion. Sony Group is aggressive in investments as it aims to secure a 60% share in the global market of image sensors in value.
"BUSINESS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
Japan Railway Operators Eye Net-zero CO2 Emissions Via Hydrogen Fuel Cell Trains
3 Japan Railway Firms to Introduce System to Pay Fare by Tapping Credit Card at Ticket Gates
Department Stores Stuff 2024 Lucky Bags with Family-friendly Experiences
Suntory’s Hibiki Whiskey Price Planned to Increase by 125％; Demand Higher than Production
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
- Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)