Mitsui & Co. Tops 1 trillion Yen in Net Profit
14:18 JST, May 3, 2023
TOKYO (Jiji Press) — Mitsui & Co. said Tuesday that its consolidated net profit for the year that ended in March rose 23.6% from the previous year to ¥1,130,630 million.
The company became the first Japanese trading house to post an annual net profit of over ¥1 trillion, backed by a surge in crude oil and other commodity prices and a weakening yen that boosted its overseas profits when repatriated.
Outside of the resources business, the company also performed well in commercial vehicle leasing and fertilizer sales.
For the year to March 2024, Mitsui forecast its net profit to fall 22.2% to ¥880 billion due to a decline in commodity prices.
Among other major Japanese traders, Mitsubishi Corp. has projected a net profit of ¥1.15 trillion for the year that ended in March 2023.
"BUSINESS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
BOJ Member Sought Tweak in Easing
Japan Railway Operators Eye Net-zero CO2 Emissions Via Hydrogen Fuel Cell Trains
3 Japan Railway Firms to Introduce System to Pay Fare by Tapping Credit Card at Ticket Gates
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- BOJ Member Sought Tweak in Easing
- Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)