Mitsubishi Motors to Invest Up to ¥1.8 Trillion for Electrification
14:00 JST, March 11, 2023
TOKYO (Jiji Press) — Mitsubishi Motors Corp. on Friday announced a plan to invest ¥1.4 trillion to ¥1.8 trillion for vehicle electrification by fiscal 2030.
Mitsubishi Motors plans to accelerate work to launch electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles at home and abroad, aiming to make all new vehicles it sells electrified vehicles by fiscal 2035.
In its new medium-term business plan, the automaker said it hopes to realize an operating profit of ¥220 billion in fiscal 2025, up from ¥170 billion estimated for fiscal 2022 ending this month.
The company also announced a medium-term decarbonization strategy envisioning that electrified vehicles will account for nine of the 16 models to be released over the next five years. It did not say how many will be EV and PHV models.
"BUSINESS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
Japan Railway Operators Eye Net-zero CO2 Emissions Via Hydrogen Fuel Cell Trains
3 Japan Railway Firms to Introduce System to Pay Fare by Tapping Credit Card at Ticket Gates
Suntory’s Hibiki Whiskey Price Planned to Increase by 125％; Demand Higher than Production
Energy Challenges / High Electricity Bills Overshadow Digitalization in Japan
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- Sardines and Mackerels Blanket Beach in Hokkaido; Local Fishermen ‘Never Seen This Many’
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)
- Autumn in Full Swing in Kyoto
- Japan Railway Operators Eye Net-zero CO2 Emissions Via Hydrogen Fuel Cell Trains