Unmanned Flying Car Makes Test Flight over Osaka for 1st Time
15:32 JST, March 3, 2023
An unmanned flying car flew over Osaka Prefecture for the first time in a test flight on Thursday.
The Mizushima Aero and Space Industry Cluster Study Group conducted the test over the banks of the Yodo River, which flows between Hirakata and Takatsuki in the prefecture, with cooperation from the Hirakata city government.
The group, known as MASC, is an entity based in Kurashiki, Okayama Prefecture, that aims to commercialize flying vehicles.
The two-passenger EHang216 weighs 680 kilograms and uses eight electric propellers to get airborne.
Flying cars are expected to be used as a means of transportation at the Osaka-Kansai Expo in 2025.
"BUSINESS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
Japan Railway Operators Eye Net-zero CO2 Emissions Via Hydrogen Fuel Cell Trains
3 Japan Railway Firms to Introduce System to Pay Fare by Tapping Credit Card at Ticket Gates
Suntory’s Hibiki Whiskey Price Planned to Increase by 125％; Demand Higher than Production
Energy Challenges / High Electricity Bills Overshadow Digitalization in Japan
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- Sardines and Mackerels Blanket Beach in Hokkaido; Local Fishermen ‘Never Seen This Many’
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)
- Autumn in Full Swing in Kyoto