TSE imposes penalties on SMBC Nikko over trading
17:55 JST, December 21, 2022
TOKYO (Jiji Press) — The Tokyo Stock Exchange said Tuesday that it has ordered SMBC Nikko Securities Inc. to suspend proprietary transactions of securities for five days from Jan. 16 next year and pay ¥300 million as penalties over a stock price manipulation case.
The TSE imposed the longest suspension and the biggest penalty money ever in view of the impact the misconduct had on market reliability.
The TSE also instructed the brokerage unit of Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc. to submit a business improvement report.
"BUSINESS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
Japan Railway Operators Eye Net-zero CO2 Emissions Via Hydrogen Fuel Cell Trains
3 Japan Railway Firms to Introduce System to Pay Fare by Tapping Credit Card at Ticket Gates
Department Stores Stuff 2024 Lucky Bags with Family-friendly Experiences
Suntory’s Hibiki Whiskey Price Planned to Increase by 125％; Demand Higher than Production
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
- Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)