Apple fans in Japan queue to buy new iPhone 14
12:21 JST, September 16, 2022
Apple Inc’s latest phone line, iPhone 14, hit the shelves of the company’s stores and mobile phone shops nationwide on Friday.
Prices for the new offerings, which boast improved camera functionality and longer-lasting batteries, start from over ¥100,000 for the cheapest model.
About 30 people lined up in front of the Apple Omotesando outlet in Shibuya Ward, Tokyo, on Friday, prior to the store’s 8 a.m. opening.
“I can’t wait to take photos with the high-quality camera,” said a 21-year-old Apple enthusiast waiting in the queue.
"BUSINESS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
Japan Railway Operators Eye Net-zero CO2 Emissions Via Hydrogen Fuel Cell Trains
3 Japan Railway Firms to Introduce System to Pay Fare by Tapping Credit Card at Ticket Gates
Suntory’s Hibiki Whiskey Price Planned to Increase by 125％; Demand Higher than Production
Energy Challenges / High Electricity Bills Overshadow Digitalization in Japan
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
- Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)