Sumitomo Mitsui Banking ATMs disrupted due to glitch
10:40 JST, May 1, 2022
TOKYO (Jiji Press) — Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp. on Saturday said that a computer system glitch is disrupting automated teller machine services at bank branches and convenience stores across Japan.
The glitch occurred at a section connecting its core banking and ATM systems around 5:35 p.m.
The problem has made it difficult to execute transactions through Sumitomo Mitsui’s ATMs using cash cards and ATMs at convenience stores using Sumitomo Mitsui cash cards, said the subsidiary of Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc.
As of 11 p.m., the bank was not sure when it would be able to restore the systems. The bank is investigating the cause of the glitch.
"BUSINESS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
Japan Railway Operators Eye Net-zero CO2 Emissions Via Hydrogen Fuel Cell Trains
3 Japan Railway Firms to Introduce System to Pay Fare by Tapping Credit Card at Ticket Gates
Department Stores Stuff 2024 Lucky Bags with Family-friendly Experiences
Suntory’s Hibiki Whiskey Price Planned to Increase by 125％; Demand Higher than Production
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
- Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)