- General News
American Passenger Arrested for Allegedly Biting Cabin Attendant’s Arm during Flight to Seattle
15:06 JST, January 17, 2024
An American passenger has been arrested by Tokyo police for allegedly biting the arm of a cabin attendant while on board an All Nippon Airways flight to Seattle.
The 55-year-old passenger was arrested on suspicion of injuring the woman on Tuesday night after the ANA aircraft departed from Haneda Airport. The man said he had taken sleeping pills and had no memory of the incident, according to police.
The flight returned to Haneda in the early hours of Wednesday after the incident prompted the captain to make a U-turn over the Pacific. The crew handed the man over to police.
"Society" POPULAR ARTICLE
JCG Captain Mistook ‘No. 1’ Position for Permission to Take off Prior to Haneda Accident; Voice Recorders Being Analyzed
Possibility of Warning-Level Snowfall in Tokyo’s 23 Wards; Heavy Snow Expected in Japan’s Kanto-Koshin Region (UPDATE 5)
Over 10 Killer Whales Trapped Amid Drift Ice Off Coast of Hokkaido’s Shiretoko Peninsula
Earthquake Measuring Magnitude 4.3 Hits Kyoto Prefecture; No Tsunami Expected (Update 1)
One Month to go Until the Hokuriku Shinkansen Extension; the “First Train” Sells Out in 1 Minute
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Current Account Surplus Doubles in ’23
- Business, Labor Leaders Reaffirm Vow to Raise Wages in Shunto Talks
- Japan Real Wages Fall at Steepest Pace in 9 Years in 2023
- Pressure Mounting for Wage Increases in Shunto Negotiations; Fears about the Response of Struggling SMEs
- North Korean Workers in China Riot over Unpaid Wages; 2,000 Occupy Factory, Kill Plant Manager