- General News
2 Injured in Helicopter Accident during Hover Practice
14:21 JST, December 18, 2023
KYOTO — Two people were injured after a helicopter fell at a heliport on Monday during hover practice in Fushimi Ward, Kyoto, according to the local fire department and other sources.
On board the helicopter were a male instructor in his 30s and a male trainee in his 20s, who were both taken to the hospital. Their injuries were not thought to be life-threatening.
According to the Kyoto City Fire Department, which received an emergency call just after noon, and the company that manages the heliport, the helicopter was practicing maneuvers when it fell from a height of 3 to 4 meters.
"Society" POPULAR ARTICLE
M4.8 Earthquake Hits Central Tokyo; No Tsunami Expected
JCG Captain Mistook ‘No. 1’ Position for Permission to Take off Prior to Haneda Accident; Voice Recorders Being Analyzed
Possibility of Warning-Level Snowfall in Tokyo’s 23 Wards; Heavy Snow Expected in Japan’s Kanto-Koshin Region (UPDATE 5)
Hepburn-Style Romaji Likely to Become Standardized
Over 10 Killer Whales Trapped Amid Drift Ice Off Coast of Hokkaido’s Shiretoko Peninsula
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan Business Delegation, Chinese Premier Li Meet; Both Sides Tout Importance of Bilateral Economic Ties
- Japan Eyes 45 B. Yen in Aid for Optical Semiconductors
- Japan’s Job Availability Ratio Rises for 2nd Straight Year
- North Korean Workers in China Riot over Unpaid Wages; 2,000 Occupy Factory, Kill Plant Manager
- M4.8 Earthquake Hits Central Tokyo; No Tsunami Expected