- GENERAL NEWS
Hawaii Fair begins in Haneda Airport to Support Recovery from Maui Wildfires
16:12 JST, November 19, 2023
A fair featuring food products and goods from Hawaii began at Haneda Airport on Wednesday to support the U.S. state’s recovery from wildfires.
The Aloha Market powered by Mana-Up fair is underway on the second floor of Terminal 1 of the airport in Ota Ward, Tokyo, through Nov. 24. It is also taking place on the observation deck on the fifth floor of Terminal 2 between Nov. 25-30.
The event features about 40 Hawaiian brands of chocolates, coffee and other goods. A donation box has been set up to help Hawaii recover from the wildfires that ravaged Maui in August, and part of the proceeds will be directed toward reconstruction efforts.
“I like Hawaii but haven’t been able to visit for about five years because of the COVID-19 pandemic and the weak yen. I got a taste of Hawaii for the first time in a while coming here,” said Yohei Uchida, a 40-year-old company employee from Yokohama who purchased coffee and cookies at the fair.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)