- GENERAL NEWS
2025 Osaka-Kansai Expo Increases Participants to 160 Countries, Regions Despite Mexico Pullout
15:47 JST, November 14, 2023
Just days after The Yomiuri Shimbun reported that Mexico was among the nations withdrawing from the 2025 Osaka-Kansai Expo, the central government will announce Tuesday that the number of participants has increased.
Hanako Jimi, state minister in charge of the expo, will tell a press conference Tuesday afternoon that 160 countries and regions are taking part, an increase from 153 in March.
Mexico was withdrawing due to circumstances surrounding the construction of expo pavilions.
According to central government sources, while Mexico and Estonia have decided to withdraw, there will be nine new participants: six from Europe, including Denmark and Finland; Cameroon, Chile and Jamaica.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
Sardines and Mackerels Blanket Beach in Hokkaido; Local Fishermen ‘Never Seen This Many’
Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)
Japan Child Porn Websites Draw Overseas Users; Experts Seek Measures as Operators Defiant
Earthquake hits Aomori, Iwate on Monday Morning; Seismic Intensity 4 in Aomori City
Coldest Morning of Season Hits Japan; Tokyo Almost 20 C Colder than Previous Week
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- Sardines and Mackerels Blanket Beach in Hokkaido; Local Fishermen ‘Never Seen This Many’
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)
- Autumn in Full Swing in Kyoto
- Japan Railway Operators Eye Net-zero CO2 Emissions Via Hydrogen Fuel Cell Trains