- GENERAL NEWS
First Snowfall of Season Observed in Sapporo, Other Parts of Hokkaido
12:42 JST, November 11, 2023
The first snowfall of the season was observed in Sapporo on Saturday, Japan Meteorological Agency’s Sapporo Regional Headquarters announced on the day.
In Hokkaido, cold air flowed into the upper airspace and created a winter pressure pattern.
The first snowfall was observed 10 days later compared to an average year but five days earlier than last year.
Snow was also observed in Hakodate, Muroran and Abashiri in the prefecture on Saturday.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Stimulus Package Set to Drive Greater Govt Borrowing; Likely Effectiveness Called into Question
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace