- GENERAL NEWS
Esports shine at Asian Games in China’s Hangzhou
20:00 JST, September 25, 2023
HANGZHOU, China — The burgeoning popularity of esports has been underlined by its adoption as an official discipline at this year’s 19th Asian Games in Hangzhou, China.
On Thursday — two days before the Games officially began — organizers set up a booth for visitors to experience various esports games and buy related items in a passageway linking a subway station to Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport, a major gateway to the Games.
A cosplayer dressed as a character from a popular Chinese smartphone game appeared at the booth on the day, along with the Games’ official mascot, attracting numerous passersby, many of whom snapped pictures with their digital devices.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
Sardines and Mackerels Blanket Beach in Hokkaido; Local Fishermen ‘Never Seen This Many’
Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)
Japan Child Porn Websites Draw Overseas Users; Experts Seek Measures as Operators Defiant
Earthquake hits Aomori, Iwate on Monday Morning; Seismic Intensity 4 in Aomori City
The Former Vocalist for Thee Michelle Gun Elephant Yusuke Chiba Died at the Age of 55(UPDATE 1)
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- Japan Sees 2.52 Mil. Visitors in October, Exceeding Pre-COVID Levels
- Sardines and Mackerels Blanket Beach in Hokkaido; Local Fishermen ‘Never Seen This Many’
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)
- Autumn in Full Swing in Kyoto