- GENERAL NEWS
Couple Sustain Injuries after Boat Runs Aground on River in Gifu
11:51 JST, August 20, 2023
A married couple from abroad sustained minor injuries after a sightseeing boat ran aground at a shallow spot on the Nagara River in Gifu on Saturday night.
The boat’s operator made an emergency call to the fire department around 8:50 p.m. on Saturday. Police have said there were 30 boats operating at the time, and control had been lost on four of them.
The boat, used to observe cormorant fishing, ran aground amid strong wind and heavy rain, according to the police.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)