- GENERAL NEWS
Record-Breaking Rainfall Pours over Iwate Pref.
11:34 JST, August 15, 2023
Iwate prefecture experienced heavy rainfall in parts of the prefecture on Sunday and Monday. A record-breaking 304.5 millimeters of rain was recorded in a 3-hour period during Sunday night in Omoto, Iwaizumi town, according to the Morioka Regional Meteorological Observatory. In Tanohata village and the eastern part of Miyako city, about 100 millimeters of rain was recorded in an hour, prompting the Japan Meteorological Agency to issue a warning for record-breaking heavy rain. Evacuation orders were issued for some parts of Miyako city on Monday.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible