- GENERAL NEWS
Typhoon Lan Expected to Approach Honshu around Tuesday
11:51 JST, August 12, 2023
A very strong Typhoon No. 7, also known as Lan, was located about 170 kilometers north of Chichijima island of the Ogasawara Islands at 9 a.m. on Saturday and is moving northwest at a slow speed, according to the Japan Meteorological Agency.
The pressure at the center was 950 hectopascals, and the maximum sustained wind speed near the center was 45 meters per second, with the maximum instantaneous wind speed registering 60 meters per second.
Typhoon Lan will continue to move northward and is expected to approach Honshu around Tuesday.
The expected wave height is 6 meters for the Kanto, Tokai and Kinki regions on Sunday, and 6 to 8 meters for the Kanto, Tokai, Kinki and Shikoku regions on Monday.
From around Monday to Tuesday, heavy rain with thunderstorms will fall mainly over the Pacific Ocean side of eastern to western Japan.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Stimulus Package Set to Drive Greater Govt Borrowing; Likely Effectiveness Called into Question
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)