- GENERAL NEWS
Dolphin Bites Swimmer at Fukui Beach
11:40 JST, August 3, 2023
A dolphin bit a swimmer at a beach in Fukui City on Wednesday, according to the Fukui Coast Guard.
The coast guard said a 26-year-old man was bitten on his left ankle and other parts of his body when he patted a dolphin at around 2 p.m.
The swimmer required 15 stitches, according to the coast guard.
Several swimmers have been injured after being rammed or bitten by dolphins at beaches in the prefecture.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible