- GENERAL NEWS
Japan Logs Temperatures of 35 C and Higher at 169 Locations
18:06 JST, July 28, 2023
Temperatures soared anew across the nation Friday, with 169 locations logging readings of 35 C or higher as of 1 p.m., according to the Japan Meteorological Agency.
Isesaki, Gunma Prefecture, saw the mercury rise to 39.4 C, while Nishiwaki, Hyogo Prefecture, had registered 39 C by 5 p.m.
Searing heat was also recorded in Obihiro, Hokkaido (35.6 C) and Date, Fukushima Prefecture (38.9 C).
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- BOJ Member Sought Tweak in Easing
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes