- GENERAL NEWS
Marigolds Blossom in Yellow, Orange on Fukuoka Island
6:00 JST, June 19, 2023
FUKUOKA — Yellow and orange marigolds are now in full bloom at Hakata Bay’s Nokonoshima Island Park in Nishi Ward, Fukuoka.
The park on the island of Nokonoshima is home to 50,000 marigolds planted on a slope of about 10,000 square meters overlooking the sea. Visitors on Wednesday were seen wandering about entranced by the flowers and taking pictures with their smartphones.
The park charges an entrance fee, but visitors can pick flowers until mid-July in designated areas at no additional cost.
“You can get a panoramic view of the flowers on the slope that’s just superb,” said a 71-year-old visiting from Kasuga, Fukuoka Prefecture.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Stimulus Package Set to Drive Greater Govt Borrowing; Likely Effectiveness Called into Question
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)