- GENERAL NEWS
Concerns Raised as Generative AI Could Cause More Confusion
6:00 JST, June 17, 2023
Concerns have been raised that using generative AI, which compiles both accurate and inaccurate information, could prevent people from having healthy discussions.
Generative AI creates a variety of data, including text and images, by gathering large amounts of information from the internet without determining its accuracy. This has raised concerns that information might be collected from various sources, with no indication of its origin, accelerating confusion.
Efforts have been made in recent years, both domestically and internationally, to help people distinguish between reliable and unreliable information online.
A technology research consortium of newspapers and IT giants is exploring the practical application of Originator Profile, a technology that makes it easier to find reliable sources of information.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible