- General News
4-Year-Old Boy Dies After Falling from 12th Floor at Apartment in Yamaguchi Pref.
12:24 JST, May 27, 2023
Around 5:30 p.m. on Friday, a distress call was made to emergency services reporting that a boy had fallen from the 12th floor of an apartment building in Hofu, Yamaguchi Prefecture.
A 4-year-old boy was soon found in a water storage tank located within the apartment grounds. He was rushed to a hospital, where he was confirmed dead approximately an hour and a half after the initial emergency call.
According to the prefectural police, the boy lived in the apartment with his parents and one sibling. The mother is reported to have made the emergency call. The boy is believed to have fallen onto the water tank, breaking through its cover.
"Society" POPULAR ARTICLE
JCG Captain Mistook ‘No. 1’ Position for Permission to Take off Prior to Haneda Accident; Voice Recorders Being Analyzed
Possibility of Warning-Level Snowfall in Tokyo’s 23 Wards; Heavy Snow Expected in Japan’s Kanto-Koshin Region (UPDATE 5)
Over 10 Killer Whales Trapped Amid Drift Ice Off Coast of Hokkaido’s Shiretoko Peninsula
Earthquake Measuring Magnitude 4.3 Hits Kyoto Prefecture; No Tsunami Expected (Update 1)
One Month to go Until the Hokuriku Shinkansen Extension; the “First Train” Sells Out in 1 Minute
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Current Account Surplus Doubles in ’23
- Japan Real Wages Fall at Steepest Pace in 9 Years in 2023
- Pressure Mounting for Wage Increases in Shunto Negotiations; Fears about the Response of Struggling SMEs
- North Korean Workers in China Riot over Unpaid Wages; 2,000 Occupy Factory, Kill Plant Manager
- JCG Captain Mistook ‘No. 1’ Position for Permission to Take off Prior to Haneda Accident; Voice Recorders Being Analyzed