- GENERAL NEWS
MPD Riot Squad Officer Dies in Apparent Suicide in Prime Minister’s Office Restroom
11:11 JST, May 5, 2023
A Metropolitan Police Department officer has died in an apparent suicide after being found bleeding on the floor of a restroom stall on the first floor of the Prime Minister’s Office in Tokyo early Friday morning.
The officer,25, a member of the MPD’s riot squad, is believed to have committed suicide using his department-issued service revolver at about 4:40 a.m. He was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead.
According to a senior officer at the Kojimachi Police Station, a colleague was in the restroom of the building in Chiyoda Ward at the time and said he heard a shot fired.
He checked on the officer in the stall and found him bleeding on the floor. The gun was found near the collapsed officer.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Stimulus Package Set to Drive Greater Govt Borrowing; Likely Effectiveness Called into Question
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace