- GENERAL NEWS
Drivers Stranded on Shin-Meishin Expressway
15:29 JST, January 25, 2023
Large numbers of vehicles are stuck on both sides of the Shin-Meishin Expressway near the border between Mie and Shiga prefectures due to heavy snowfall, according to the Central Nippon Expressway Co.
Tokyo-bound lanes between Kameyama-Nishi JCT and Yokkaichi JCT and lanes in the opposite direction between Yokkaichi JCT and Koka-Tsuchiyama IC have been closed due to snow since around 4:00 a.m. on Wednesday. Many vehicles were stuck on the sections, and company officials said they were distributing food, water and portable toilets to drivers.
According to the local fire department, one driver called in saying, “I am stuck in the traffic jam. I feel nauseous and sick.” The fire department said that emergency vehicles were on their way to the scene.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
Sardines and Mackerels Blanket Beach in Hokkaido; Local Fishermen ‘Never Seen This Many’
Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)
Japan Child Porn Websites Draw Overseas Users; Experts Seek Measures as Operators Defiant
Earthquake hits Aomori, Iwate on Monday Morning; Seismic Intensity 4 in Aomori City
Coldest Morning of Season Hits Japan; Tokyo Almost 20 C Colder than Previous Week
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- Sardines and Mackerels Blanket Beach in Hokkaido; Local Fishermen ‘Never Seen This Many’
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)
- Autumn in Full Swing in Kyoto
- Japan Railway Operators Eye Net-zero CO2 Emissions Via Hydrogen Fuel Cell Trains