- General News
MSDF destroyer unable to navigate after loud impact sound
15:48 JST, January 10, 2023
The Maritime Self-Defense Force destroyer Inazuma became unable to navigate Tuesday after possibly striking a rock.
“There was a loud sound of an impact,” the destroyer said in a radio call made to the 6th Regional Coast Guard Headquarters at about 12:30 p.m. “The vessel is unable to navigate under its own power.”
The Inazuma was in the Seto Inland Sea off the southern coast of Suo-Oshima when the incident occurred.
According to the Coast Guard, no one was injured and the vessel was not flooded but was leaking oil.
The propeller of the screw may have hit a rock.
"Society" POPULAR ARTICLE
M4.8 Earthquake Hits Central Tokyo; No Tsunami Expected
JCG Captain Mistook ‘No. 1’ Position for Permission to Take off Prior to Haneda Accident; Voice Recorders Being Analyzed
Possibility of Warning-Level Snowfall in Tokyo’s 23 Wards; Heavy Snow Expected in Japan’s Kanto-Koshin Region (UPDATE 5)
Hepburn-Style Romaji Likely to Become Standardized
Over 10 Killer Whales Trapped Amid Drift Ice Off Coast of Hokkaido’s Shiretoko Peninsula
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan Business Delegation, Chinese Premier Li Meet; Both Sides Tout Importance of Bilateral Economic Ties
- Japan Eyes 45 B. Yen in Aid for Optical Semiconductors
- Japan Logs Trade Deficit of ¥9.29 Tril. in 2023
- Japan’s Job Availability Ratio Rises for 2nd Straight Year
- North Korean Workers in China Riot over Unpaid Wages; 2,000 Occupy Factory, Kill Plant Manager