- GENERAL NEWS
Teacher admonished over punishment at special needs school in Japan
14:08 JST, November 21, 2022
A teacher at a special needs elementary school in Osaka Prefecture has been admonished for inappropriately punishing a student in 2020, it has been learned.
The incident arose after the then first-grade student ate the teacher’s lunch while she was absent from the classroom during a break. When the teacher learned what had happened, she attached a note of apology to the student’s back and walked him around the school for about 20 minutes.
The prefectural board of education admonished the teacher, in her 20s, on Sept. 2 this year for her “inappropriate words and behavior toward the child.”
The teacher resigned Sept. 12, the board of education said.
According to the board, the teacher’s note read: “I ate my teacher’s school lunch without permission. I’m sorry for what I did.”
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Stimulus Package Set to Drive Greater Govt Borrowing; Likely Effectiveness Called into Question
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises