- GENERAL NEWS
Next-generation tram derails during trial run
12:12 JST, November 19, 2022
UTSUNOMIYA – A next-generation light rail transit (LRT) tram derailed during a test run Saturday near the east exit of JR Utsunomiya Station in Utsunomiya.
None of the about 15 people on board the three-car tram were injured.
According to the Utsunomiya city government, the wheels of the lead car and part of the second car came off the rails while traveling along a curved section of track.
The LRT system is scheduled to start operation in August next year. The city is investigating the cause of the accident.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired