- GENERAL NEWS
Magnitude 6.1 earthquake rocks Japan’s Kanto region
17:23 JST, November 14, 2022
An earthquake with estimated magnitude of 6.1 occurred at a depth of about 350 kilometers off the coast of Mie Prefecture around 5:09 p.m. Monday, according to the Japan Meteorological Agency.
No tsunami is feared following the earthquake, agency officials said.
The quake measured 4 on the Japanese seismic intensity scale in some parts of Fukushima and Ibaraki prefectures.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Stimulus Package Set to Drive Greater Govt Borrowing; Likely Effectiveness Called into Question
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace