- GENERAL NEWS
Sky over Japan’s Chichibu Basin filled with rainbow-colored clouds
15:16 JST, October 20, 2022
A sea of rainbow-colored clouds appeared over the Chichibu Basin in Saitama Prefecture early Thursday morning, with the lights of the city beneath shining through them.
Cloud seas tend to appear over the Chichibu Basin from October to November on cool, clear mornings after it rains.
When clouds overlap with the smoke rising from a factory, it looks as if the clouds are coming out of the chimneys, creating a popular spot known mainly on social media as the “cloud sea manufacturing factory.”
Photographer Osamu Ogihara from Chichibu has taken pictures of the area for many years. “It’s fascinating to see it sparkle like a colorful jewel,” Ogihara said.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Stimulus Package Set to Drive Greater Govt Borrowing; Likely Effectiveness Called into Question
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace