- GENERAL NEWS
Extreme heat recorded throughout Japan
17:50 JST, August 2, 2022
Scorching temperatures were recorded nationwide Tuesday, with readings topping 35 C measured across the country.
The Japan Meteorological Agency called for vigilance against heatstroke, and advised people to refrain from going outdoors.
According to the agency, the highest temperatures recorded by 3 p.m. included 39.5 C in Koshigaya, Saitama Prefecture, and 38.8 C in Tajimi, Gifu Prefecture and Ome City, Tokyo.
Inland areas of the Kanto and Tokai regions were especially affected.
The JMA and the Environment Ministry issued a heatstroke alert — which is announced on days when there is a significant risk of developing heatstroke — for Tokyo and 36 prefectures in and west of the Kanto region, the largest number this year.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
Sardines and Mackerels Blanket Beach in Hokkaido; Local Fishermen ‘Never Seen This Many’
Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)
Japan Child Porn Websites Draw Overseas Users; Experts Seek Measures as Operators Defiant
Earthquake hits Aomori, Iwate on Monday Morning; Seismic Intensity 4 in Aomori City
The Former Vocalist for Thee Michelle Gun Elephant Yusuke Chiba Died at the Age of 55(UPDATE 1)
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- Sardines and Mackerels Blanket Beach in Hokkaido; Local Fishermen ‘Never Seen This Many’
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)
- Autumn in Full Swing in Kyoto
- Japan Railway Operators Eye Net-zero CO2 Emissions Via Hydrogen Fuel Cell Trains