Komachi Festival held for 1st time in 3 years
15:49 JST, June 14, 2022
AKITA – The Komachi Festival was held at Komachi no Sato park in Yuzawa, Akita Prefecture, to honor Ono no Komachi on Saturday evening for the first time in three years. Ono no Komachi was an ancient poet during Heian period (794-1185) and is said to have been born in Yuzawa.
Seven “Komachi musume,” who promote the tourism in the city, appeared on stage in traditional costumes and one by one read Komachi’s waka poems with graceful gestures.
The festival was held by the Yuzawa City Ogachi Tourism Association and an executive committee. To prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus, this year’s event was scaled back, such as by the cancelling the photo session.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Finland confirm unity in dealing with Russia
- Mangaka Fujiko Fujio A dies at 88
- China’s aircraft carrier drills near Japan aimed at around-the-clock attack capability
- As wheat prices soar, Japanese food industry pushes rice flour as alternative
- Fukushima lab releases images of ‘highly likely’ UFOs