Keeping it cool at Cabinet meeting
20:00 JST, June 8, 2022
Clad in kariyushi shirts from Okinawa Prefecture, Prime Minister Fumio Kishida and members of his Cabinet held a meeting Tuesday at the Prime Minister’s Office in Chiyoda Ward, Tokyo.
Wearing kariyushi summer shirts at a Cabinet meeting is in line with the nationwide Cool Biz campaign for dressing more lightly in the summer and is an annual event in early June.
All ministers wore kariyushi shirts Tuesday except for Foreign Minister Yoshimasa Hayashi, who was absent from the meeting as he had tested positive for COVID-19.
The prime minister wore a blue kariyushi, which he had received as a gift from Okinawa Vice Gov. Yoshimi Teruya on May 11.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Finland confirm unity in dealing with Russia
- Mangaka Fujiko Fujio A dies at 88
- China’s aircraft carrier drills near Japan aimed at around-the-clock attack capability
- Fukushima lab releases images of ‘highly likely’ UFOs
- As wheat prices soar, Japanese food industry pushes rice flour as alternative